The Jamaica Society for the Blind incorporated under
1977 Blind persons involved in the administration of
First Blind Chairman appointed.
1980 Acquisition of Headquarters' building at 1111/2
Old Hope Road.
1981 First blind Executive Director appointed.
1982 JSB Library Service established.
Diagnostic Eye Clinic opened.
Introduction of the Rehabilitation Programme; subsequent
graduation of first eight clients. First JSB fund-raising
and public education Mediation.
Expansion of Library Services.
Successfully lobbied Government to make Primary Level
School Textbooks available in Braille and Large Print;
and in conjunction with Sight Savers International and
Caribbean Council for the Blind, fully equipped a National
Braille and Large Print Production Center in the Ministry